Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Asianet honours Amitabh Bachchan

Big B’s love for Kerala and its superstars reflects in each word that he wrote on his blog and tweets that he posted during his recent visit to the state to be part of the 13th Ujala-Asianet Film Awards.
Terming the Asianet Lifetime Achievement honour accorded to him at the function held at Kochi as ‘a humbling experience’, Amitabh Bachchan said, “I thought it would be just another presence they were asking, but they had a surprise in store and gave me a Lifetime Achievement, with an incredible presentation of my work through all these years. Such a moving and truly humbling moment for me… an evening I shall never forget.”
Words of praise were also showered on the richness of the show and on the talented participants of Idea Star Singer.
“As I arrived, I spent time with the Star Singer competitors…Such a wonderful bunch of young singers and so talented. They sang songs from my films, even though they are Malayalis and would have problems speaking Hindi, with such confidence and aplomb. Fascinating.”
From the Kerala attire to the time spent with stalwarts of Malayalam film industry, Mammootty and Mohanlal, Bachchan was especially appreciative of the ambience.
“The ‘dhoti’ and the top were a gift from the organisers, which I thought appropriate to wear and the ‘Angavastra’, the gold-lined silk draped over the shoulders are the respectful presentations from Mohanlal and Mammootty, as an honoured gift. The respect and dignity that they accord me humbles me to an extent that I’m unable to fathom or understand. I am but an ordinary individual that gets glorified through the medium that I work in. My medium needs recognition, dignity and respect. Not me. If there had been no medium there would have been no me. So I respect the profession that has given me the opportunity to be a part of it, and created for me a vehicle that I am privileged to ride from time to time,” Bachchan wrote.
He was honoured by Asianet MD K Madhavan and the two Big Ms, Mammootty and Mohanlal.

No comments: