Sunday, December 19, 2010

Shah Rukh Khan visits Marina Bay Sands ahead of Zee Cine Awards

King Khan to perform at the star studded Zee Cine Awards - Bollywood’s Only Viewers Choice Award on January 14, 2011.

Bollywood frontliner, Shah Rukh Khan recently visited Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, the venue of Zee Cine Awards 2011. He is one among many other Bollywood A-listers like Akshay Kumar, Aishwarya, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone who will grace the event with their presence. Shahrukh Khan will be back in January for the Zee Cine Awards, a star-studded extravaganza to be held at Marina Bay Sands on January 14, 2011. The awards ceremony will bring India’s leading artistes to Singapore to recognise their accomplishments for their performances in the Indian film industry throughout the year.
When asked whether he will be performing at the awards night, Khan siad, "I'll be performing a little dance…that goes without saying if you're from Bollywood! But we're going to try and make it a little more creative, in terms of having some interactivity with the audience.... It'll be something from My Name is Khan. The songs in that film are a little more gentle, so I think they'll try and get a lot of girls to join in and make it a big event."
The reigning heartthrob stayed at a luxurious suite at the hotel and was mesmerised by the grandeur of the entire property. When asked about his experience of staying at the resort, the Bollywood actor said, "I think it's fantastic! I just spoke to my wife and told her that it is one of the most fantastic hotels I've seen. Really wonderful. I want to go up and check the SkyPark, I'll take my kids up there to swim when I come back in January".
Come January next year, Southeast Asia’s largest ballroom – Sands Grand Ballroom – will be transformed into a magnificent theatre infused with the opulence of Bollywood. To accommodate the larger-than-life setup, the stage is being custom-made from scratch and will be created for better viewing pleasure from every seat. Marina Bay Sands is ramping up preparations for this extravaganza.

No comments: